“Emerald City” in background — illus.
What if the Wizard of Oz was retold in a steam-punk world where zombie minions stumbled across Oz doing their brain obsessed master’s bidding? What if that brain obsessed master happened to be an evil and twisted… SCARECROW? Is your mind blown yet?
Spicy Horses‘ OZombie is an alternate world inspired by all 14 books of L. Frank Baum’s Oz Universe. Project founder American McGee says that OZombie will be a “non-conformist version” of Baum’s books and envisions Oz as an actual place, not Dorothy’s Imaginative dreamworld, like Baum’s original intention.
“Life matters because there is death.”
OZombie’s Scarecrow has de-evolved the Oz into a distraught land in which everyone does whatever they have to in order to survive, after transforming the citizens of Oz into “OZombies”– victims of conformist behavior. You see, the Scarecrow and his army aren’t necessarily interested in eating your brain in the traditional sense; the Scarecrows was to enslave your mind, by suppressing your creativity, passion and imagination, thus controlling the citizen’s of Oz’s brains. This is where you come in.
“A new Dorothy for a new Oz” — illus.
- OZombie will be first and foremost a single player game. You’ll play as Dorothy and be able to persuade many of the captivating fiction’s familiar characters to join your hunting party
- OZombie will also support a multiplayer mode, which you can unlock after finishing the single player experience. In multiplayer you’ll be able to select from a range of player characters and enjoy competitive features like Raids and Tournaments.
The game will:
- Feature a variety of perspectives and game modes with an emphasis on role-playing, tactical combat, exploration and story telling.
- Be developed using Unity 3D technology
- Be delivered to most platforms Unity3D can target, but initially launch on Linux, Mac, PC (Windows) and latest-gen tablets.
- Be localized for play world-wide (EFIGS and more).
- Support offline single-player mode, though you’ll need to complete a one-time online registration when you first start.
- Contain NO form of DRM.
Fight the Scarecrow’s demented minions and restore the ruined world of Oz to its former glory!
For more information on OZombie and to donate, go to their Kickstarter Page!