The Polish are WINNING. They’ve brought us awesome games like The Witcher and now a company called Transhuman Design is releasing a redesign of their indie hit, King Arthur’s Gold. Just to give you a little background, two years ago, Michal Marcinkowski, started King Arthur’s Gold (KAG), in his bedroom — completely coded, funded and marketed KAG by himself. Then along came musician David Pencil (PennyArcade) and pixel artist and co-designer Max Cahill to complete the underground, yet extremely successful alpha for KAG. Several awards and top tier website/blog mentions later, the team decided to reinvent KAG (now known as KAG classic) with a Minecraft feel!
Mixing the creativity of Minecraft, class based team aspect of Team Fortress 2, the strategic medieval environment of Age of Empires 2 and fun-spiration from their previous hit Soldat, King Arthur’s Gold is a medieval world, 32 Multiplayer, 2D cooperative war game, in which you can play an archer, knight or builder while, utilizing physics to determine the construction and destruction of fortresses.
- 32 players realtime multiplayer
- State of the art retro pixel graphics
- 2 teams
- 3 classes: builder, knight and archer
- Drivable catapults and battleships
- Bison taming
- Collapsible physics based on construction support
- Medieval sword duels
- Shark riding
- Building castles and traps
- Technology research and trading
- Dynamic 2D water and fire
- Wilhelm’s scream
- Available on 3 platforms (Win,OSX,Linux)
- Just 9.99$ for months of fun + full access to game’s scripts and modding
So where can you play this amazeballz of a game? Head to King Arthur’s Gold’s official site HERE! They have a pre-order price for $9.99 and with that you’ll receive a book chronicling the work put into KAG, PLUS a beta installer, so you can play and get a feel of KAG and give your input.